Pythonology

Python is an amazing programming language that makes software development productive and fun. Python is open source, was created by a community of thousands of developers world-wide, and is used by about 14% of all programmers today. These are my thoughts as a user, advocate, co-author of an IDE for Python, and a director of the Python Software Foundation.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Finally ... a new review of Python IDEs

For some reason, it's been a long time since I've seen a review of Python IDEs. The Utah Python Users Group just did a Review of Six Python IDEs, including PyDev (based on Eclipse), Eric3, Boa Constructor, BlackAdder, Komodo, and Wing IDE. Needless to say I was happy to see Wing IDE do well, although I also liked this review because it's a great example of what user groups can do.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Doug Bromley said...

I recently did a review myself over at my other blog. I'm none to sure its as good as there's but it covers; Komodo, BlackAdder, BOA, WingIDE and the free IDE's. If anything I'd be very interested in a comment or critique on the review.

Oh and the review is at my other Python blog:
blog.straw-dogs.co.uk/python-ide-review

All the best.

Doug

 

Post a Comment

<< Home